Hello, Aspirants Common Admission Test CAT 2018 Application Form has been published, Those Candidates who are looking for CAT exam and still not applied then you are in right place, Through the post, you’ll get to know all about the CAT 2018. Common Admission Test is the national level entrance exam which is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM). CAT exam counts as one of the prestigious exams in India, CAT score is the gateway for admission to various management Colleges/Institutes across India. Common Admission Test CAT 2018 will be conducted on 25 November 2018. If you wanna apply for Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 then first needs to read full article carefully. Throughout the article, you’ll let to know all about the Common Admission Test CAT 2018 Application Form like Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process, Important dates, Exam pattern, Syllabus, or more, Enjoy the article without skipping anything:)
Common Admission Test CAT 2018 Application Form
CAT 2018 Briefly information
|Name of Examination||CAT 2018|
|Level of Exam||PG level|
|No. of Test Cities||140 cities across 35 states|
|Registration Dates||August first week till October last week (Date to be announced for 2018)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 50% marks in any Bachelors degree.|
|Exam Date||November 25, 2018|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||1-800-266-3549 (Toll-Free)|
|Exam Website & Email||https://iimcat.ac.in
Those Candidates who want to apply for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 Application Form need to know Eligibility Criteria for Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 Before. Which is given below.
For reserved category candidates, the minimum percentage to secure is 45
|Education Qualification||Admission Seekers who are looking for CAT should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised University or Institute
|Category wise||General and OBC-NC category admission seekers should obtain at least 50 per cent marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.||Other Candidates||Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for CAT 2018 provided they complete their programme within the stipulated schedule||Age Criteria||There is no age limit for applying or appearing in CAT 2018||Duration||The duration of the graduation programme should be minimum 3 years|
How to Apply for Common Admission Test CAT 2018
After full fill eligibility criteria for CAT 2018, Candidates can apply for CAT 2018 (before the last date) Candidates can follow given important instruction.
- First, Log onto the official website of Indian Institute of Management
- Register yourself with a valid Email ID and Phone number.
- IIM will send the login credentials to the candidates through SMS and email.
- After receiving the login credentials, aspirants have to log into the application window and fill up the online application form which is divided into the following areas-
After Fill up the CAT Application form, Students have to log in through their user ID and password and fill up the application form by entering the correct information. which are given below.
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience
- Selecting IIMs to apply for
- Selecting Test Centres and Interview Cities
- Students can pay the Application fee by credit card or debit card.
- After completing the application form, click on the PAY option after saving the filled form.
Common Admission Test CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Common Admission Test 2018 question paper is divided into 3 parts-
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data interpretation and logical reasoning
- Verbal comprehension and learning.
No. of MCQs
No. of Non-MCQs
Questions from each section
Time allotted to each section (minutes)
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Time allotted for each section has to be attempted in 60 minutes
- CAT is a computer-based test in which Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning consist of 34 questions and Quantitative Aptitude consist of 32 questions.
- Students will have to follow the question paper chronologically, from section 1-3. They cannot choose any section to start with or switch from one section to another.
- Mark Segments– Every correct answer an aspirant will earn 3 marks whereas every incorrect answer one marks will be deducted but for non MCQ type questions, no marks will be deducted.
|Correct Response||Incorrect Response|
CAT 2018 Syllabus
Common Admission Test (CAT) syllabus 2018 has divided into 3 parts which are like as-
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability (QA) and
- Verbal Ability Reading comprehension
Let have to look CAT 2018 Syllabus pattern-
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||Quantitative Ability (QA)||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)|
Common Admission Test CAT 2018 Admit Card
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 Admit card will publish 2 weeks (Tentative) before the examination. Those aspirants who have successfully applied for CAT 2018 can download the admit card easily from the official website of IIM. Admit card is the mandatory documents in the exam hall. Throughout the column, you will let you know all important instruction ( How to download CAT admit card) read it carefully. Click here to Check brief details Of CAT 2018 admit card
- First, visit the Official website of Indian Institute of Management.
- Go to the download ADMIT CARD 2018 from the options on the notice board.
- Fill in your user ID and password.
- After you fill out your important details, you will be redirected to your Admit card.
- Last option click on Download Admit Card option.
- Save CAT 2018 admit card for future use.
CAT 2018 Result
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 will be released on the 2ed week of January 2019 (tentative). Those candidates who have applied for CAT 2018 successfully can download their result from The Official website of IIM by entering their roll number.
The Students who appeared for the entrance exam can check their result by following the instructions given below:
- First, Students needs to visit the Official website of CAT.
- Go to the Check Result Page
- enter required information roll number or your name
- After entering the required information your result will be highlighted
- The CAT Result will be available in PDF Format
- Student advise printing result documents for future
How to prepare for CAT 2018
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 is one of the prestigious entrance tests in India. Aspirants who want to take admission in top management colleges like IIM or another preparing for CAT. As we know CAT Entrance, not a cuff of tea it counts India’s top 10 toughest exams that is the reason candidates want to know what is the correct prepare strategy for CAT. Throughout the column, we will let you know how to prepare for CAT 2018. and Get the highest score.
These are important preparation tips, Candidate should follow given tips
- Make a proper study plan.
- Try to review all topics which will ask from four section(QA,VA & DILR).
- Try to solve the maximum 10 set of sample papers.
- Select the best study material for preparation.
- The timetable is most important for the CAT preparation, Try to manage your timetable for study various section accordingly.
- Must Revision at least 4 to 5 time
- According to the servery, Helth is wealthy, If you’ll healthy then your mind will work automatically. stay healthy and eat relevant food.
Best books for CAT Preparation
Here we are listed best books for CAT preparation:
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- NCERT Books
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Nishit Sinha
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Ajay Singh
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Verma
Must Read- Best Books for CAT Recommended by Toppers
CAT 2018 Cut Off Scenario
Aspirants will be shortlisted on the basis of their CAT exam performance, In others words, cut-off percentile fixed by every IIM independently. Geven Below the minimus percentile which is set by the every Indian Insitute of management (IIM). let have to look below.
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 Cut Offs for all IIMs
Let have to look minimum Cut off persentile for all Indian insititute of managements (IIM) below-
|Name of Institutes||Name of Course/ Programs||For GENERAL Category only|
|IIM, Ahemdabad||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||80|
|IIM, Banglore||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIMC, Kolkata||Post Graduate Diploma in Economics||90|
|IIMC, Kolkata||Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics [PGDBA]||90|
|IIMC, Kolkata||Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management||90|
|IIMC, Kolkata||Post Graduate Diploma in Finance||90|
|IIMC, Kolkata||Post Graduate Diploma in Operations and Information Technology||90|
|IIM, Lucknow||Post Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management [PGP-ABM]||90|
|IIM, Lucknow||Post Graduate Programme in Sustainable Management||90|
|IIM-BG, Bodhgaya||Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)||90|
|IIM-BG, Bodhgaya||Post Graduate Programme in Marketing||90|
|IIM-BG, Bodhgaya||Post Graduate Programme in Human Resources [PGP-HR]||90|
|IIM, Raipur||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIM, Raipur||Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)||90|
|IIM, Raipur||Post Graduate Programme in Marketing||90|
|IIM, Raipur||Post Graduate Programme in Human Resources [PGP-HR]||90|
|IIM, Kozikode||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIM, Indore||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM] (Communication Studies)||90|
|IIM, Trichy||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIMU, Udaipur||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Program in Operations Management [PGP-OM]||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Program in Management (Information Technology)||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Progamme in Public Management and Policy [PGP – PM]||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Programme in Strategic Management||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Programme in Quantitative Methods & Operations Management||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Programme in Economics||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)||90|
|IIMV, Vizag||Post Graduate Programme in Marketing||90|
|IIM, Shillong||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||75|
|IIM, Shillong||Post Graduate Programme in Marketing||75|
|IIM, Shillong||Post Graduate Programme in Human Resources [PGP-HR]||75|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management [PGDHRM]||90|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Economics||90|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Marketing)||90|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Operation)||90|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Management [PGDM] (Finance and Accounting Management)||90|
|IIM, Ranchi||Post Graduate Diploma in Management [PGDM] (Human Resource Management & Organizational Behavior)||90|
|IIM, Kashipur||Post Graduate Program in Operations Management [PGP-OM]||90|
|IIM, Kashipur||Master of Business Administration [MBA]||90|
|IIM, Kashipur||Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)||90|
|IIM, Kashipur||Post Graduate Programme in Marketing||90|
|IIM, Kashipur||Post Graduate Programme in Human Resources [PGP-HR]||90|
|IIM, Nagpur||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIM, Sirmaur||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIM, Jammu||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||80|
|IIM, Sambalpur||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
|IIM, Amritsar||Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||90|
Read Also- CAT 2018 FAQ- Know Everything About CAT 2018
CAT 2018 Exam Centers
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 will be conducted in various cities in accros the india let have to look below-
Common Admission Test CAT 2018 Important Dates
|CAT Notification released||1st week of August 2018|
|Registration Process||1st week of August 2018|
|Last date for registration||3rd to 4th week of November 2018|
|Application correction||27th – 30th September 2018|
|Admit card release date||25th October – 26th October 2018|
|Mock Test Release||Last week of October 2018|
|Exam date||November 25, 2018|
|Answer key & question paper release||2nd week of December 2018|
|Last date to submit objection||2nd week of December 2018|
|Result announcement||the First week of January 2019|
Contact Information CAT 2018
C/o Admissions Office
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Bannerghatta Main Rd
Official Website: http://iimcat.ac.in
Phone Number: 18002663549
Comment down below for queries or suggestions. Remember to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more letest updates, given link below.