Attention Applicants, GATE Exam 2019 registration is going to start from 1st September candidates who are looking to apply for GATE application form can grab the chance. GATE is the national level examination which organized by the IIS’c & IITs Bangalore rotation basis. In 2019 GATE Exam is conducted by the IIT, Madras. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) offers admission into masters programs and doctoral programmes in engineering/ architecture and technology etc. candidates who looking to apply for GATE entrance exam must fulfil eligibility criteria and other important instruction which we have mentioned below. From the web page, you’ll get entire details about GATE notification 2018 like Gate 2019 exam pattern, GATE 2019 Course, GATE 2019 Important dates or more.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the prestigious entrance exams in India. GATE Exam is the engineering entrance exam for postgraduate. GATE score is the gateway to get admission in various engineering colleges at postgraduate level & it is acceptable by various PSUs for recruitment. In the new session GATE, 2019 has added a new subject is the statistics. For more details about GATE exam like eligibility criteria, application form, fees, exam pattern, important dates read the article carefully without skipping anything.
GATE Application form
GATE 2019 Briefly information:
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Conducting body||IIT, Madras|
|Exam type||National Level for the Post-Graduate exam|
|Purpose of Test||Qualifying Test for admission to PSUs, Central Government and Government of India Organization|
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Duration of the Exam||180 minutes|
|Exam for Course Level||MTech & PSU Recruitment|
|No. of Test Cities||200 test cities in India and 6 Abroad|
|Registration Start||September 1 to September 21, 2019|
|Date of Exam||February 2,3,9 and 10|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0361-258-6500|
|Official Exam Website||http://gate.iitm.ac.in/|
GATE Eligibility Criteria:
Application who are going to apply for GATE Entrance Exam 2019 must check eligibility criteria. Which we have provided below in detailed.
|Previous Qualification for GATE Exam||Brief Description Qualifying Exam||Brief Description of Eligible Candidates||Passing Year (One should not be later than)|
|B.Tech/BE/B.Pharm||Aspirants must have 4 years Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology after 10+2 examination from a recognized university.
Aspirants must have 3 years Bachelor’s degree holders after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology from the recognized university.
|Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|B.Arch||Aspirants must have 5 years Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture from the recognized university.||Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|B.Sc (Research)/BS||Aspirants must have Bachelor’s degree in Science after Post diploma.
Aspirants must have 4 years Bachelor’s degree in Science after 10+2 from the recognized university.
|Currently in the 4th year or already completed.||2019|
|M.Sc/MA/MCA or equivalent||Aspirants must have Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent from recognized university.||Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)||Aspirants must have 4 years Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programme in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university.||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4thyear or already completed.||2021|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Aspirants must have 5 years Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology from the recognized university.||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed.||2020|
|Integrated M.Sc/Integrate BS-MS||Aspirants must have Integrated M.Sc.
Aspirants must have 5 years Integrated BS-MS programme from recognized university
|Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to BE/B.Tech/B.Arch)||Aspirants must have BE/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses.||NA|
Nationality Criteria for GATE 2019: Candidates who are belonging to Indian & Foreign are eligible to apply for GATE Notification 2019.
Age Criteria for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE): No age limit requires to apply for GATE exam 2018.
GATE Entrance Exam
Must Read: B.Tech as Career in India (Complete Review)
Important Document for GATE notification 2019:
- College address, PIN code of college
- GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned image (5-200 kb in jpeg/jpg)
- Scanned image of your signature (5-150 kb in jpeg/jpg)
- Scanned image of your thumb impression (2-150 kb in jpeg/jpg)
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) (10-300 kb in pdf)
- ID Proof: Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID/Aadhaar UID/Driving License/College ID/Employee ID card (only one)
Important instruction during filling GATE Application Form:
- All Personal Details as per the certificate required
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Academic Qualifications – College and degree
- GATE paper and GATE examination cities
- Details of Valid Photo ID
- Photograph as specified
- Signature as specified
- Should have Scanned Degree Certificate in pdf format
- For PWD candidates Scanned copy of Category/PwD in pdf (if applicable)
GATE Exam Notification
Applying Steps of GATE 2018-2019:
- Candidates will register & fill application only through online mode on the official website.
- Visit the official website of GATE Exam 2019 e. gate.iitm.ac.in
- Select “Advertisement or Brochure” top on the homepage & select relevant English/ Hindi form & read it properly
- After reading, hit the new registration & fill it properly by required details & gendered registration password.
- Now, logging yourself by using generated ID and password
- Fill the registration form properly & upload your all scanned documents like Images, signature & Address documents etc.
- Now you have to pay application fees by online mode i.e. debit card, credit card, net banking etc.
- Finally, take a print copy of GATE application form 2019 for further references.
GATE Application fees:
Applicants wishing to apply for GATE 2019 Registration form has to pay GATE application which is non-refundable. GATE 2019 application fees mentioned below on table.
|Categories||GATE 2018 Application Fee|
|For Examination Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500|
|For Foreign Countries|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|Late Fee||US $20|
Mode of Payment for GATE Entrance:
Aspirants can pay GATE admission fee through online mode using either net banking or credit card or debit card etc.
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern:
Exam pattern is the best way to prepare any competitive examination, In this section we have covered all topics of GATE Exam like GATE Exam Pattern For EEE, GATE Exam Pattern For CSE, GATE Exam Pattern 2018, GATE Exam Pattern For ECE, GATE Exam Pattern For Mechanical Engineering, GATE Exam Pattern For Civil Engineering which will surely helpful to crack exam in first attempt.
|Number of Sections||Questions & Marks||Total Questions||Total Number of Marks|
|General Aptitude (GA)||5 Question carrying 1- mark each & 5 question carrying 2-marks each.||10||15|
|Question Papers other than GG, XE and XL||25 questions carrying 1-mark each & 30 questions carrying 2-marks each.||55||85|
|Question Paper GG (Geology and Geophysics)||PART A (Compulsory)
|25 questions carrying 1-mark each.||Section 1 (Geology) & Section 2 (Geophysics) (Attempt Any One):
30 questions carrying 2-marks each.
|XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)||Section A Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory):||Sections B to H: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|7 questions carrying 1-mark each & 4 questions carrying 2-marks each.||9 questions carrying 1-mark each & 13 questions carrying 2-marks.|
|XL Paper (Life Sciences)||Section P Chemistry (Compulsory):||Sections Q to U: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|5 questions carrying 1-mark each & 10 questions carrying 2-marks each.||10 questions carrying 1-mark each & 10 questions carrying 2-marks each.|
Basic Knowledge Of GATE Exam Pattern:
- Papers: 24 subjects/papers on 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019.
- Exam Mode: Online mode (computer-based test).
- Type of Questions: MCQs & Numerical type questions will be asked.
- Attempt: One paper of GATE examination.
- Session: In two sessions, i.e. forenoon (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- Duration: Three hours (3 hours)
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: compulsory to attempt the General Aptitude (GA) section.
GATE Notification 2019
|AE: Aerospace Engineering||PH: Physics|
|AG: Agricultural Engineering||PI: Production and Industrial Engineering|
|AR: Architecture and Planning||TF: Textile Engineering and Fibre Science|
|BT: Biotechnology||XE -A: Engineering Mathematics|
|CE: Civil Engineering||XE-B: Fluid Mechanics|
|CH: Chemical Engineering||XE-C: Materials Science|
|CS: Computer Sc. and Information Technology||XE-D: Solid Mechanics|
|CY: Chemistry||XE-E: Thermodynamics|
|EC: Electronics and Communication Engineering||XE-F: Polymer Science and Engineering|
|EE: Electrical Engineering||XE – G: Food Technology|
|EY: Ecology and Evolution||XE – H: Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences|
|GG: Geology and Geophysics||XL – P: Chemistry|
|IN: Instrumentation Engineering||XL-Q: Biochemistry|
|MA: Mathematics||XL-R: Botany|
|ME: Mechanical Engineering||XL – S: Microbiology|
|MN: Mining Engineering||XL – T: Zoology|
|MT: Metallurgical Engineering||XL – U: Food Technology|
|PE: Petroleum Engineering||ST: Statistics|
GATE 2019 Admit Card:
GATE 2019 Admit card will publish 2 weeks (Tentative) before the examination. Those aspirants who have successfully applied for GATE Exam 2019 can download the GATE 2019 admit card easily from the official website of GATE. Admit card is the mandatory documents in the exam hall. Throughout the column, you will get all important instruction ( How to download GATE admit card) read it carefully. Click here to check brief details Of GATE 2018 admit card.
- First, visit the Official website of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Go to the download ADMIT CARD 2018 from the options on the notice board.
- Fill in your user ID and password.
- After you fill out your important details, you will be redirected to your Admit card.
- Last option click on Download Admit Card option.
- Save GATE 2019 admit card for future use.
GATE 2019 Registration
GATE 2019 Result:
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019 will be released in the 16th March 2019. Those candidates who have applied for GATE 2019 successfully can download their GATE result 2019 from The Official website of GATE by entering their roll number.
The Students who appeared for the entrance exam can check their result by following the instructions given below:
- First, Students needs to visit the Official website of GATE.
- Go to the Check Result Page
- enter required information roll number or your name
- After entering the required information your result will be highlighted
- The GATE Result will be available in PDF Format
- Student advise printing result documents for future
GATE Preparation Tips:
GATE 2019 is one of the prestigious entrance tests in India. Aspirants who want to take admission in top institutions As we know GATE Entrance, not a cuff of tea it counts India’s top 10 toughest exams that is the reason candidates want to know what is the correct prepare strategy for GATE. Throughout the column, you will know how to prepare for GATE 2019. And Get the highest score.
We have provides some imported preparation strategy which will surely helpful for all GATE candidates
- Make a proper study plan.
- Try to review all topics which will ask from four section(QA,VA & DILR).
- Try to solve the maximum 10 set of sample papers.
- Select the best study material for preparation.
- The timetable is most important for the GATE preparation, Try to manage your timetable for study various section accordingly.
- Must Revision at least 4 to 5 time
- According to the servery, Health is wealthy; If you’ll healthy then your mind will work automatically. stay healthy and eat relevant food.
GATE 2018- 2019 Cutoff:
GATE Committee will declare the result on March 16. GATE Exam cutoff will release in various streams. Let’s look below GATE 2018 Cutoff for top Engineering colleges in India.
GATE 2019 Notification
GATE 2019 Test centres:
GATE Exam 2018-19 will conduct various cities in across India. Let’s look below Zone wise GATE Exam Cities in below table.
|Gate Exam Centres||GATE Examination Centre 2018-2019 (Tentative)|
|Ananthapuramu, Angamaly, Bagalkot, Ballari (Bellary), Belagavi(Belgaum), Bengaluru, Bidar, Davanagere, Hassan, Hubballi (Hubli),Hyderabad, Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Kannur, Kasaragod, Kolar,Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru(Mysore), Palakkad, Payyanur, Port Blair, Shivamogga (Shimoga),Thrissur, Tumakuru, Vatakara|
|IIT Bombay, Powai,||Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi, HauzKhas,||Ajmer, Alwar, Bahadurgarh-Rohtak, Bikaner, Faridabad, GreaterNOIDA, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Karnal,Kota, Mathura, New Delhi, Palwal, Samba, Sikar, Udaipur, Ujjain|
|IIT Guwahati||Agartala, Asansol-Durgapur, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh,Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kalyani, Muzaffarpur,Patna, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur|
|Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior,Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar,Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kakinada(Surampalem), Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram(Rajahmundry), Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Tadepalligudem,Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Alappuzha, Aluva, Attingal, Bapatla, Chengannur, Chennai, Chittoor,Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode-Thiruchengode,Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari-Nagercoil, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Kollam, Kothamangalam,Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Nalgonda, Namakkal,Nedumangad, Nellore, Ongole, Pala, Puducherry (Pondicherry),Punalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruvannamalai,Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tuticorin, Vellore, Villupuram,Virudhunagar, Warangal|
|Ambala, Amritsar, Baddi (HP), Bathinda, Bhimtal, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Haldwani, Hamirpur (HP), Jalandhar, Khanna, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, NOIDA, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala, Roorkee, Sangrur, Shimla-Solan, Sonepat, Una, Yamunanagar|
|Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore|
GATE Important Exam Dates:
|GATE 2019 Dates||GATE Exam Dates 2018-2019||Day|
|GATE Online Application start||1st September 2018||Saturday|
|Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application||21st September 2018||Friday|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application||1st October 2018||Monday|
|Last Date to change exam city (additional fee will be applicable)||16th November 2018||Friday|
|Admit Card date which will be available on official website||4th January 2019||Friday|
|GATE 2019 Examination date||2nd February 2019
3rd February 2019
9th February 2019
10th February 2019
|Result Announcement dates||16th March 2019||Saturday|
GATE 2019 Contact
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati- 781039, Assam
Email: [email protected]
Note: For more Entrance exams notifications like GATE exam 2019 subscribe our StudyDesire.com web portal & Comment down below for queries or suggestions. Remember to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more latest updates, given link below.