SSC CGL 2018 Exam notification has been released. those who are looking for SSC CGL 2018 it is the right place to know everything about SSC CGL 2018. The SSC CGL 2018 examination involves a 3-tier procedure held for Group B recruitment. The Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC CGL examination for recruitment of various fields such as Divisional Accountant, Assistant Accounts Officer, Assistants Inspector Assistant/Superintendent Inspector (Central Excise), Sub-Inspector, Assistant Section Officer, Assistant Audit Officer and other fields. Throughout the article, you will let you know all the information regarding SSC CGL Exam such as Education Qualification, Age limit, Syllabus, Group B/ Group C Salary, Result, Exam important dates etc.
SSC CGL 2018 Important Dates
|Release Notification||5th May 2018 (Postponed)|
|Registration Start||5th May 2018|
|Last Date for Registration||5th June 2018 (Extended)|
|Admit Card for Tier-I||Last week of June 2018|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I Exam||25th July – 20th August 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Result Declaration||September 2018|
|Admit Card for Tier-II||October 2018|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier-II Exam||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Result Declaration||December 2018|
|Admit Card for Tier-III||January 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Exam||January 2018 (To be Announced later)|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Result Declaration||February 2018|
|Tier-IV Exam||March 2018 (To be announced later)|
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Account Officer
Qualifications: Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or college in India.
Additional Qualifications: For the post of AAO, it is desirable of the candidate to possess any one of the following degrees:
- Masters in Business Studies.
- Masters in Business Administration (Finance).
- Chartered Accountant.
- Cost & Management Accountant.
- Company Secretary.
- Masters In Commerce.
- Masters in Business Economics.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam conducted for various departments here is given below departments wise education qualification.
- Junior Statistical Officer: candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university with minimum 60% marks in Mathematics at 12th.
The applicant is a graduate from any recognized university with statistics as one of his/her subjects during graduation.
- For Every Other Post: Candidate possessing a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university/institute in India are eligible for SSC CGL 2018.
Applicant should follow the given scenario of Nationalities can apply for SSC CGL exam 2018:
- Citizen of India.
- Belongs to Bhutan or Nepal.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Immigrates from Countries like Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, Burma and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam and Ethiopia with the intent of permanent settlement in India.
SSC CGL 2018 Age Limit
For SSC CGL candidate must be in between 18 to 32 years (as on 1st August 2018), depending upon the post applied for. Age Relaxations for other category are given below
Here are Age Relaxations for other categories –
|PH (GEN)||10 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (GEN)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
***Note-Those candidates who pursuing Final Year of studies can apply for SSC CGL 2018, however, they must present Bachelor’s degree on or before 1st August 2018.
CGL Exam 2018 Posts Detail Group wise
|Group B||Group C|
SSC CGL 2018 Application Fee structures
CGL 2018 Application Fees shall be Rs. 100 only. However, there is no application fee for Female/SC/ST/OBC /PH category students.
Mode of Payments
- Computer generated Challan to be deposited in SBI.
- SBI Net Banking.
- Credit Card/Debit Card of any bank.
SSC CGL Group B/ Group C’ Salary
|Group B Posts- Pay Scale||Group C Posts- Pay Scale|
SSC CGL 2018 Admit Card
SSC CGL Admit card will release month of the June 2018. it will release in three round Tier I, Tier II, Tier II as given below–
Tier I: The SSC CGL 2018 Tier I Admit Cards will be available in the month of June 2018.
Tier II: SSC CGL 2018 Tier II Admit cards are expected by September 2018.
Tier II: Tier III admit cards are expected to be published online by November 2018.
Read Here full SSC CGL Admit card information-
Type of Examination
The SSC CGL 2018 will conduct Four Tier Exam system. The mode of answering for each tier shall be as follows:-
- Tier I: Computer Based Online Exam.
- Tier II: Computer Based Online Exam.
- Tier III: Offline Mode.
- Tier IV: Skill Test.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam pattern
SSC CGL 2018 Exam pattern Tier wise given blow get here-
|S.No.||Section Name||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|1.||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
- The Tier I of SSC CGL 2018 will be a computer-based test (CBT).
- Negative Marking: 1/2 (0.50) marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- SSC CGL 2018 Tier I examination will be 1-hour long examination with a total of 200 marks. The whole question paper will be divided into 4 sections:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper-I: Quantitative Ability||100||200|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
- Tier II of SSC CGL 2018 will also be a Computer-based test, similar to Tier I. The Exam is divided into 4 papers, where:
- The paper I and Paper II are Compulsory for all posts.
- Paper III is meant only for the post of Statistical Investigation.
- Paper IV is meant for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
- A deduction of ¼ marks is made in the case of Paper II for wrong answers, while it is ½ marks in case of Paper I.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper III: Statistics||100||200|
|Paper IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
Students who successfully clear Tier I and Tier II of SSC CGL 2018 can appear for Tier III. The tier III exam will be a 1-hour long descriptive test in Pen/paper mode wherein candidate will be asked to write an Essay or letter or Precise in English or Hindi.
Tier-IV (Only for the post of Tax Assistant)
The tier IV of SSC CGL 2018 will be a computer proficiency test wherein the candidates will be tested for typing speed.
SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus
SSC CGL 2018 Tier I Exam Syllabus
|A||General Intelligence and Reasoning (25 Questions)||50 marks|
|B||General Awareness (25 Questions)||50 marks|
|C||Quantitative Aptitude (25 Questions)||50 marks|
|D||English Comprehensive (25 Questions)||50 marks|
Note: Total 200 Marks: Duration of the exam: 75 Minutes
Here is the Tier I detailed syllabus –
|A. General Intelligence and Reasoning||B. General Awareness||C. Quantitative Aptitude||D. English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Puzzle||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One-word Substitution|
|Word Formation||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
|Venn Diagram||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Error Spotting|
|Direction and Distance||People in News||Number System|
|Verbal reasoning||Time and Work|
The Mains Exam will be conducted online and is an objective multiple choice exam. The major sections asked in Mains Exam are Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies (Finance and Economics). Let’s have a look at the SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 Mains Examination.
|Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Statistics||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Collection and Representation of Data||A. Finance and Accounting (80 marks)|
|Interest||Spelling||Measure of Dispersion||Fundamental Principles|
|Averages||Fill in the Blanks||Measure of Central Tendency||Financial Accounting|
|Percentage||Phrases and Idioms||Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis||Basic Concepts of Accounting|
|Ratio and Proportion||One Word Substitution||Correlation and Regression||Self-Balancing Ledger|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Sentence Correction||Random Variables||Error Spotting and Correction|
|Number System||Error Spotting||Random Variables|
|Mensuration||Cloze Test||Sampling Theory||B. Economics and Governance (120 marks)|
|Data Interpretation||Para Jumbles||Analysis and Variance||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Time and Work||Synonyms-Antonyms||Time Series Analysis||Finance Commission|
|Algebra||Active-Passive Voice||Index Number||Theory of Demand and Supply|
Tier III Examination: Pen and paper mode
The Commission has also decided to introduce a Descriptive Paper (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing etc) of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The Question Paper will be bilingual. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium. This will be in Pen & paper Mode.
- Maximum marks- 100
- Duration- 60 minutes (1 Hours)
Tier IV Examination:
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT): The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
- Data Entry Speed Test (DEST): FOR THE ALL POST (Other than compiler): The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature.
**Note: Paper III and Paper IV optional for few posts( Statistical and Assistant Audit Officer)
SSC CGL 2018 Result
SSC CGL 2018 result will be declared within one month of exams for more result related information Click here
Important Exam Dates
|Tier I||2nd Week of June 2018|
|Tier II||2nd week of September 2018|
|Tier III||3rd week of November 2018|
|Tier IV||December 2018|
Comment down below for queries or suggestions. Remember to follow us on FB, Twitter and Instagram for more updates, given link below.